Recipes in Telugu
|మట్టన్ తో వంటలు|
|వెజిటేరియన్ Snacks /Tiffins|
|నాన్ వెజిటేరియన్ Snacks|
Most Popular Recipes
Stuffed Brinjal Curry (Guthi Vankaya Koora)
Delicious stuffed brinjal curry where in brinjals stuffed with groundnut and coconut paste. It makes a special delicacy on everyones platter and goes well with rice.
Brinjals - 5
Onions - 1 big, nicely chopped
Tomatoes - 2 finely chopped
Tamarind - 2 lemon sized balls
Peanuts - 15 - 20
Shredded coconut - 1/2 cup
Garlic - 4 - 5 cloves
Ginger garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric - 1 teaspoon
Making Groundnut - coconut paste
- Fry peanuts in a pan till they turn slight brownish in color.
- At the end add red chillies too and fry for another minute.
- Fry mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and zeera. Dont over fry them since the taste turns bitter.
- Now grind all the fried ingredients, garlic, salt and coconut iinto a coarse paste by adding little water.
- Make four cuts for the brinjal ie one horizontally and vertically.
- Stuff the paste into the brinjal and keep aside.
- Soak tamarind in hot water for 5 mts and squeeze the pulp out of the tamarind. Make a thick paste and keep aside.
- Now add sufficient oil in a kadai.
- Add chopped onions, and fry till they turn golden brown. At the end add ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Add stuffed brinjals and fry for two minutes in the oil.
- Add nicely chopped tomatoes and till tomatoes are properly cooked.
- Now add the prepared tamarind juice to the brijnal curry.
- Add sufficient salt, turmeric and chilli powder. Cook well till the oil oozes. Delicious Stuffed Brinjal Curry (Guthi Vankaya) curry is ready.
- Serve hot with rice. Everybody loves it...